For my entertainment (borrowed from others):
What does my name (first and last) sound like I should be? (if I weren't what I am, of course)
Anyone want to offer an opinion?
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Day by day, and with each passing moment, Strength I find to meet my trials here; Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment, I've no cause for worry or for fear. He whose heart is kind beyond all measure Gives unto each day what He deems best-- Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure, Mingling toil with peace and rest."
2 comments:
Well, I had to ask for help on this one. I am so utterly incapable of imagining you as anything other than you are.
K's opinion was this: A little English housemaid with a black dress and white cap. (Not unlike CKT in P&P.)
Mrs. Bennett's opinion: Like a precocious ten year old.
My opinion, after some thought and deliberation.
Hannah: A sturdy, tall country girl. Neither plain nor pretty, but solid, like the country around her. (Kind of like Sarah Plain & Tall for Oklahoma)
Curby: Definitely a strong rugged Scotsman with a bagpipe and *gulp* a kilt. (A long kilt. Not one of those, my legs are too tall for the skirt. Ahem.) Very blond.
And I hope that is helpful:-)
rotfl--oh, my!
I think I like the idea of the possible world where I am a little English housemaid like CKT. It seems rather appropriate, since I googled my name one time and found out that John and Hannah C. baptized their infant son at St. (Paul's or Peter's--I don't remember) in London sometime in the 19th century.
I can see your thoughts on "Hannah" pretty easily, but my dear! your interpretation of our Curby is slightly mind-bogglingly bizarre. Curbys are far from Scotsmen (sp?)(those are the Pauls), and very,very far from kilts. Are you having hangovers from The Scottish Play and its association with my brother? I think Caer Gallia Higher Psychologia has found someone to work on...
Thank you! It did entertain me!
Post a Comment