Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Extra! Extra!

My new look:


Yes, that's right: I am now temporarily the reporter/writer/photographer/editor of my hometown newspaper. I am excited, but at the same time, a little daunted: I mean, look at her face! How does one go about finding stories, anyway? And worse, I have to learn to use a little more advanced technology than that typewriter: a Mac and a very expensive digital camera, which terrifies me. I look at it and remember all the clutzy things I have ever done, all of my dad's favorite fishing lures I have lost...


But then: I am also very excited. I will be writing! and getting paid for writing! and I get to do a column! and I'll be in and out of an office! It should be fun.


Anyone who knows how to be newsy, please share the scoop. And remember, folks: you heard it here first.

1 comment:

DaughterofGrace said...

Congrats dear! You'll do splendidly, I have no doubt. Is there anyway one could subscribe to your column? (Or, at least, peruse it on the internet?)

Ditzy moment of the day, when I read "my new look" I thought, "New haircut?" :-D